Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Who says you cannot eat animal protein on a limited budget?

A post on Facebook earlier in the week resulted in someone recommending that I shop at Aldi. So, while on a routine restaurant shopping run to Daytona Bean to get Indian supplies, I stopped by an Aldi. As soon as I walked in, it looked and felt just like another Save-a-Lot. But, there were subtle differences. The vegetables "looked" fresher and there were more name-brands. For example, I found the same hydroponic Bibb Lettuce, I would find at a Publix. Except, here it was half the cost. So, I loaded up on chicken thighs (only  to demonstrate a dish with longevity and value using it), hydroponic lettuce, pears, and cilantro. All for about $10.


Aldi in Daytona Beach (a better alternative to Save-a-Lot)

That evening, I made a large batch of Chicken and White Bean Stew. This would eventually provide me 6 meals.

RECIPE: Chicken & White Bean Stew
SERVINGS: 6-8
INGREDIENTS:



PROCEDURE:


Chicken Thighs & White Bean Stew (with homemade yogurt)
-Hari

No comments:

Post a Comment