Monday, May 5, 2014

Rough start

It was rough to focus, to plan for the challenge when my mind was fixated on the pending surgery Monday morning. I did not shop, we will have nothing to eat in the morning. Quick idea - breakfast bread! I whip out the bread machine and make onion bread, with old yeast. Sadly, it was a bit spongy and a little flat, but it accomplished the breakfast meal for me in the morning. Hari had a leftover "Grape's Cheese" sandwich when we returned and I opened the new peanut butter jar which I will be eating all this month.

Relief. Surgery went well and my mind has settled. Groceries purchased and new yeast obtained. So, the bread for tomorrow is Dill & Serrano pepper, with sweet onion tomato chutney.  Hari created a fabulous rice and bean dinner to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.



Sweet Onion & Tomato Chutney
I have to laugh as I was making the chutney, I pulled two tomatoes but after cutting both up, I decided to save one for another meal and not waste it. Wrapped up for another day. I will leave it to Hari to calculate the cost of the old atrophying grapefruit for the chutney. I found it tucked away on the veggie rack. I have 3/4 remaining for another creation.
Old grapefruit, 1/2 onion, and tomato

 If you are wondering about the cost of the bread machine, I purchased it about a year ago for $2.00 at the local flea market. Sweet breads are on the to-do list for the month. 

Jenneffer

No comments:

Post a Comment