Saturday, May 17, 2014

Local farm sale - excellent

Saturday morning started me off on the correct foot with 1/2 bagel and 1/2 hard boiled egg from the hotel breakfast. I did choose these options as they are closest to my budget, and by 9:00am we are back on the road.

Arriving in DeLand, we rush to the vet to excitedly pick up Olga, who sat-up on our arrival. EXCELLENT. Slow steady progress. Dr. Jackson up dated me on her progression and directions to work on with her physical therapy. Next week, we will follow-up with Dr. Hopkins in Jacksonville. Fingers crossed. 

Next, Vo-La Salle is shutting down as usual for the summer and the family heads North to their farm.  This means SALE. Many items $1.00, so I could not miss the opportunity to get fresh fruits and veggies. I even bought some more Kale, as I know how well it keeps. Tower grown kale!




$9.00 including orange juice and huge Florida sweet onions.

I started a batch of Tarragon & Black Pepper bread, so dinner was tomato & basil sandwiches (2 and 1/2 ). Fabulous, clean, and fresh. Stuffed.

Cheers,

Jenneffer

No comments:

Post a Comment