Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

I had been soaking a combination of red and pinto beans for 3 days, changing the water daily. Finally, on Mother's Day, I began slow cooking them for my father-in-law John Clark who loves beans of all kinds. Jenneffer had purchased some eggplant and tomatoes from the farmers market on Saturday. With some of the leftover pizza dough I had frozen earlier in the week, I made bread for the beans soup, and an eggplant, tomato, and "gifted fresh mozzarella" pizza. It was more like a round flat bread. Wait, isn't that what thin crust pizzas are? My mother-in-law and father-in-law seemed to genuinely enjoy their vegetarian, but tasty, and wholesome lunch. I missed talking to my mother. With the 10.5 hour time difference, sometimes, I am not able to make the connection. I called, but mummy was out of the house, so I tried her cell phone to no avail. Finally, I emailed her one of those free e-greetings, which I know she enjoys. Happy Mothers Day mummy! I love you and hope to see you soon.

We enjoyed the company of our friends Alexis and Will who invited us over to their home for a bit. Returning home, we made sure Olga was attended to before we retired after what seemed like a very restful day. Admittedly, we did drink some wine, but it was not something we purchased. Rather, it was brought to us by Nancy Clark and Alexis Lenssen.

Dinner included more tasty leftovers.

-Hari

No comments:

Post a Comment